· Each student makes a gift of at least 1 euro/dollar/pound at the time of his/her annual enrollment
· Members of the local academic community join this effort
· Each Higher Education Institution develops a matching gift programme
· Each Higher Education Institution raises these YES gifts all together
As there are 235 million higher education students at global level, 235 million euros/dollars/pounds can be raised every year to fund scholarships for refugees, forcibly displaced students and students at risk.
Let’s do it now to support students from Ukraine. This is our immediate goal.
As a long term goal, the YES! Fund aims at contributing the 15by30 target proposed by UNHCR thus ensuring that 15% of young refugee women and men can access higher education by 2030.
Students, scholars, researchers, higher education managers and the academic community: show solidarity, take care of your peers.
Everyone can do their part.
Entity: FUNDAÇÃO ORIENTE / EMERGENCY FUND FOR STUDENTS
IBAN: PT50 0170 3049 0304 0007 8893 6
Two points that matter:
- For donors in Europe: we are part of the network of Transnational giving Europe -TGE
- For US donors: our organization is equivalent to a U.S. public charity having completed an ED (equivalency determination) with NGOsource.
To know more about the YES! Fund, check out this presentation.
For further information, do not hesitate to contact us.